This course covers the design of DC infrastructure using the Propel solution. It includes the main criteria for the fiber optic cabling selection, planning and configuration within a Datacenter or Central Office. A review of fiber performance design tools and calculators shows how to assess and confirm design configurations.
This course is primarily aimed at designers and field engineers involved in the planning, design and component selection of cabling systems for Datacenters and Central Offices.
We recommend that students have completed the SP8410 Propel Product Fundamentals course prior to undertaking this course.
- Explore the use of the Propel solution in DC design
- Look at connectivity design best practices
- Be aware of what to look for and avoid when planning a MPO based solution
- Propel component selection and performance
- Design configurations for new and existing locations
- Use the design tools available to calculate predicted and confirm actual performance
- Layout Planning
- Interconnection mapping
- Physical obstructions
- Elevation changes
- Diverse routing paths
- Frames/equipment/overhead racking placement
- Placement centered on equipment aisle
- Attachment/support needs
- Floor plan layout / Walkthrough site survey
- Component selection
- Frames/equipment type
- Fiber drop selection and location
- Current capacity
- Long term capacity
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and a series of detailed videos that the student will study. The student will be required to undertake and complete a FiberGuide Design using the Design Pro Software. There is an online multiple choice assessment to check the design and the resulting bill of material.
Successful completion will require
Any level of pass in the overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you need to understand the process of DC cabling design, implementation, best working practices and issues surrounding the planning of fiber optic connectivity then this course is for you.
Upon successful completion you will:
Receive a certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Certificate valid for 3 years
Estimated study time: 1 Hour
Overall content duration: 1 Hour