This course is primarily aimed at wireless or microwave installers and technicians – those involved in hands-on termination. Quality control, project managers and anyone who works directly or indirectly with transmission line assemblies.
- Provide basic transmission line characteristics
- To ensure that you understand about different cable constructions, shielding, insulation, center cores, over jacketing etc
- Investigate different connector types, assembly and construction together with termination videos
- Grounding and Weatherproofing
Starting with basic transmission principals, which helps the student to understand why cables have to be looked after during installation, the course goes on to provide exercises in terminating connectors onto CNT cables. Connector terminations are explained, with accompanying videos to ensure that all steps are covered. We also look at cable handling and securing, together with grounding and weatherproofing.
- Lesson 1 Transmission Line Characteristics. Cable design, impedance and return loss, attenuation, component matching, phase and frequency, dc resistance and cable design.
- Lesson 2 Connector Attachment for CNT Braided Coax. Specification sheets – understanding. CNT Cable construction, Impedance, Foaming, Attenuation, center conductors, insulation material, return loss shielding effectiveness, resistance.
- Lesson 3 Cables and Connectors, Connector Types, crimp, clamp, panel and pcb, braided assemblies, tools and accessories
- Lesson 4 Cable and Connector Accessories. Hoisting grips, cable hangers, cable entry, grounding kits, lightning protection and weatherproofing in all environments
You will study this course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and a series of detailed videos that the student will study. Online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback will confirm your understanding of the key practices. Technical documents (downloadable) are also available in this course to support all the products and practices covered.
Any level of pass in the overall assessment score.
If you need to understand braided coaxial cable construction, termination process, best working practices and quality issues surrounding CNT coaxial transmission line termination then this course is for you.