This course is specifically designed for Installers /students who want to be certified as an ACT I registered installer for the CommScope NETCONNECT Product Range.
There are no prerequisites to taking this course although a basic understanding in data cable installation may be helpful .
- Understand the basics of copper and fiber transmission
- Looking at Infrastructure basics and networking topologies
- Understand the relevant standards and what influence they have on an installation
- Termination methods of copper and fiber products
- Designing, routing and installation of data cabling
- Recording and administration of the topology
- Ensuring the requirements for grounding and bonding are understood
- Infrastructure basics, how, why and where
- LAN Topologies, PONs, FTTE
- Fiber construction, transmission and wavelengths
- Key Standards
- Copper cable types, connectors and termination
- Fiber cable types, connectors and termination
- Installation planning and safety
- Horizontal and vertical cable planning and installation
- Administration, labelling and recording
- Grounding and bonding
You will study this course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback. The course content is supplemented by videos and PDF support material.
Successful completion will require:
Any level of pass in the accumulative overall assessment score.
If you are involved in the installation of premises infrastructure cabling and plan on using the CommScope NETCONNECT solution then this is the starting course for you to achieve ACT I certification.
Receive a certificate which is valid for two (2) years.
Estimated study time: 7 hours 30 minutes
Webcast duration: 5 hours
To Purchase Course