This course is designed for Structured Cabling System (SCS) technicians who install and maintain SYSTIMAX copper and fiber products. The primary audiences are SYSTIMAX Partners and SYSTIMAX Solutions technical support personnel. The course focus is firmly based around staff involved in project or installer management on site such as foreman, team leaders, senior installers, installers or quality control and inspection staff.
No pre-requisite experience is required although most attendees will have had at least some exposure to Enterprise structured cabling installation.
This course is a full ONLINE VERSION of the ND3361 usually in the classroom – with the resulting savings in travel accommodation and work disruption.
- Provides a detailed overview of SYSTIMAX SCS terminology, concepts, standards and components.
- Introduce the methods used to install all SYSTIMAX structured cabling solutions.
- Provide a thorough explanation of copper twisted pair products, cabling and administration panels and pre-terminated solutions.
- Detail Fiber components such as selection of fiber cables, both indoor and outdoor and suitable connector selection.
- Students will learn in animations and video how to install, terminate and test to SYSTIMAX registration standards. Installation Quality is the key to the course.
- Introduction to enterprise cabling
- Transmission theory and the importance of quality
- PowerSUM, GigaSPEED XL and GigaSPEED X10D cables and outlets
- Cross-connect System VisiPatch 360
- 1100 and PATCHMAX platform panels and Modular patch panels
- Pre-Terminated copper solutions InstaPATCH-CU and Quattro
- Copper installation procedures including BWP Best working practices and common errors
- Termination and Cable Management requirements e.g. Cable “grooming”, bundle sizes, stack heights, pair “lay” & flute handling
- Cable containment considerations and guidance
- Power separation guidelines, grounding and bonding
- Fiber Optic outdoor and indoor plant cables and connector selection, SC, LC, MPO
- Fiber Optic cable installation
- Fiber Termination procedures, epoxy, crimp, fusion splicing
- Fiber Distribution Shelves HD, UD and EHD
- Pre-Terminated Fiber solutions including SYSTIMAX ULL (Ultra Low Loss)
- Fiber loss budgets
Inspection, Test and Warranty
- Inspection and maintenance of copper and fiber installations
- Copper Testing
- Fiber loss budgets
- Fiber cleaning and Testing
- Latest best working practices and the mandatory installation requirements for successful SYSTIMAX installation registration and warranty
You will study this course online in a self-paced format spoken in English but with ‘language assist script conversion’
The course is made up of a number of animated webcast lessons, supplemented by many new videos and additional support material.
This course uses a “Credit Based Course Completion” system which is designed to take the pressure off, so you can relax and enjoy studying the content. Simply by playing and downloading all of the course material, for example – Webcasts, Downloads & Videos, will get you to a Bronze medal Pass. In addition, there will be fun quiz questions within the webcast which can gain you additional credits. Finally, you will need to attempt multiple choice questions and successful answers will gain you still further credits to rise above the Bronze level award.
At a minimum you will need to download and study the course content of all lessons – providing a Bronze level pass. Doing well in the quizzes and multiple choice assessments will raise your score level to Silver and Gold.
Anyone involved in installing the SYSTIMAX solution will benefit from taking this course. Customers and consultants choosing this solution will expect the installation quality to match the quality of the product, so this course covers the best working practices and those practices unique to the installation of this solution.
Upon completion students from SYSTIMAX Installer Partners will receive a SYSTIMAX ID Badge and Certificate via the Infrastructure Academy App.