This course is intended for anyone who will be directly involved in the Design and Engineering of SYSTIMAX Structured Cabling Systems. The primary audiences are SYSTIMAX PartnerPRO™, SYSTIMAX Solutions technical support personnel, account managers, consultants and ‘end users’ involved in SYSTIMAX Specification.
No pre-requisite knowledge is required for this course. Previous exposure to enterprise infrastructure environments and a general understanding of IT and LANs will all be helpful. This course will take new students to a high design level. This detailed foundation course is further complimented with a series of specialist courses that deal with design in areas such as “In Building” Wireless, Data Center, Intelligent Building Automation systems, Security, and the imVision Infrastructure management solution.
- Provide a foundation of essential knowledge to support the design of a SYSTIMAX solution
- Understand data communication fundamentals
- Review basic transmission principals
- Overview industry standards
- Introduce SYSTIMAX products & warranty
- Understand architectural design issues
- Learn about horizontal design copper and fiber
- Design a fiber and copper riser system
- Know what to consider for campus designs
- Select optimum SYSTIMAX products for the design
- Order all necessary termination hardware
- Understand the test requirements for registration
- Take students to the required design level to complete SYSTIMAX warranties
The focus of SP3321 is on the design of each SYSTIMAX subsystem. Designs for PowerSUM, GigaSPEED® XL, Xpress® and X10D (U/UTP & F/UTP), VisiPatch™ VP360, LazrSPEED®, TeraSPEED™ and 360imVision® hardware are all included.
The course will begin by overviewing SYSTIMAX design tools then move on with transmission techniques for copper and fiber, basic data communications fundamentals and industry standards. In the SYSTIMAX specific design lessons SYSTIMAX products and components are reviewed in terms of selection and use. The commercial aspects and advantages of product choice are covered in detail. Industry standards such as ISO/IEC 11801, EN 50173, EN50174, TIA/EIA-568,TIA569, TIA607 and many others are included in this course for review and impact on design.
Throughout the course, key design requirements for the SYSTIMAX performance and warranty for GigaSPEED X10D, XL, PowerSUM and fiber solutions are raised and discussed, together with the design and application of the imVision 360 iPatch Hardware.
- SYSTIMAX Design Tools
- Data Transmission
- Key Standards Development
- Data Communications Fundamentals
- Architectural Considerations
- Horizontal Designs
- Building Backbone Designs
- Campus Backbone and Entrance facility
- Administration Area Design
- SYSTIMAX iPatch 360 Hardware Design
- SYSTIMAX Safety Inspection and Testing
- SYSTIMAX Warranty, Assurance & Site Registration
You will study this course online in a self- paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback.
Any level of pass in the accumulative overall assessment score.
If you are involved in design, project management, consultancy and warranting of SYSTIMAX enterprise projects and require a thorough understanding of both standards based design and SYSTIMAX extended design options, then this course is for you.
Receive a certificate which can be self-printed. If you are a CommScope Partner you”ll be entered on the CommScope certification database and a badge is available to you via the Infrastructure Academy App. You’ll be authorized to register SYSTIMAX sites for the design aspect of the warranty.
Certificate valid for 2 years
To purchase course: